the Christopher Huntpractice
architectural and building design for residential development


 CIAT - Architectural home extension plans Marlow

Site Menu                   Christopher Hunt Marlow









Home Building Survey

Before buying a property, it’s a good idea to get a professional to carry out an inspection. Their inspection (often called a ‘survey’) can tell you if there are:

  • problems with the property’s structure
  • repairs or alterations that need to be made 
  • risks associated with the property

If your property survey uncovers any of these problems, you can consider things like whether to:

  • buy the property
  • negotiate a new price with the seller
  • ask the seller to fix the problems before you buy 

There’s also benefit in getting a survey before you sell, to alert you to any issues that might affect the sale of the property.

Any home owner considering a house extension and employs their own home extension designer will need a home building survey which is usually completed by the designer employed.

Sometimes the home extension designer will outsource this role to a surveyor if the project is very large or unusually complicated but this is usually rare for a domestic home extension. 

NOTE - These are general discussion articles only.



Quick Enquiry Form


Client Area:-

  Visit our Social Network Pages

 Visit Christopher Hunt Google plus page visit christopher hunt pinterest page visit christopher hunt facebook page 

houzz page for The Christopher Hunt Practice 

google reviews for christopher hunt practice

Work Areas                 

Architectural and Building Design Services - for planning permission and building regulations within Marlow, High Wycombe, Maidenhead, Bucks, Berks and Oxon areas.

Residential development for household extensions, conversions and new dwellings.

Measured surveys and roof inspection reports. Drawing plans on cad and specifications for planning permission, planning consent, planning approval, local authority approvals, building surveys and party wall act.

Chartered Architectural Technologists belong to CIAT (the Chartered institute of Architectural Technologists).

Key search phrases include - building designers, extend your home, extension guide, permitted development, planning advice, planning guide, planning gain.

Article of the month:- Home building design ideas....

House extension designer marlow high wycombe maidenhead 

Remodeling and Home Design