Home Building Survey
Before buying a property, it’s a good idea to get a professional to carry out an inspection. Their
inspection (often called a ‘survey’) can tell you if there are:
- problems with the property’s structure
- repairs or alterations that need to be made
- risks associated with the property
If your property survey uncovers any of these problems, you can consider things like whether to:
- buy the property
- negotiate a new price with the seller
- ask the seller to fix the problems before you buy
There’s also benefit in getting a survey before you sell, to alert you to any issues that might affect the sale
of the property.
Any home owner considering a house extension and employs their own home extension designer will need a home
building survey which is usually completed by the designer employed.
Sometimes the home extension designer will outsource this role to a surveyor if the project is very large or
unusually complicated but this is usually rare for a domestic home extension.
NOTE - These are general discussion articles